HAND & OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY
specializing in the upper extremity
Cape Cod Hand & Upper Extremity Therapy is an out-patient rehabilitation practice that specializes in hand and upper extremity rehabilitation. As Certified Hand Therapists (CHT’s), we have the highest levels of certification in the profession for treating the hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder (for more information on CHT’s please visit www.HTCC.org). Our facilities are equipped to offer our patients an excellent opportunity to reach their optimal functional abilities. Managed and operated by Occupational Therapists mandates that patient care is our number one priority. We take pride in the level of personal and compassionate care that is delivered; emphasizing a `hands on´ approach to rehabilitation and exercise.
HIGHLY TRAINED STAFF
personalized care & education
- Initial Evaluation Within 24-48 hrs
- Flexible Scheduling
- Personalized Care with Treatment Tailored for Each Patient
- Licensed Therapists
- Specialized Treatment Programs
- Friendly and Open Environment
- Convenient Locations with Easy Access and Parking
Additional programs are available. Contact us for information on additional or specialty programs you may need.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome/Sprains, Strains and Fractures
- Static and Dynamic Splint Fabrication
- Flexor/Extensor Tendon Repair Rehab
- Elbow, Hand & Shoulder Surgical Repairs/Reconstruction
- Nerve Palsies/Injuries/Repairs
- Wound Care
- Injury Assessment, Treatment, Education & Prevention
- Shoulder Rehab
- Overhead Athlete (Throwing Injuries)
- Endurance Training
- Neck & Headaches
- Surgical Repairs/Reconstruction
- Manual Therapy
- Work Rehabilitation
- Work Conditioning/Hardening
- Ergonomic Analysis
- BTE Work Simulator
- Game Ready Vasopneumatic Device
- Cold Laser
For Additional Questions Please Contact Us At (508) 540-5559
Yes. The choice of where you receive therapy is always yours. While the majority of our patients come to us by physician referral/recommendation, many clients request to see us due to our strong clinical reputation in the community.
Yes. A physician referral is required by your health insurance plan for you to be seen by a licensed therapist. We also offer treatments, services and/or products that do NOT require a referral and are available on a self pay basis.
We participate in the majority of major health insurance plans including Medicare and Worker’s Compensation. Please contact us prior to your first visit to see if we participate with your specific health plan.
As a service to our patients, we will gladly file claims with your insurance company on your behalf. In order to appropriately submit these claims, we will need to obtain a copy of your insurance identification card to ensure that we have the necessary information.
Your therapist will conduct an evaluation of your condition lasting between 30-45 minutes. The evaluation is necessary to create a program designed specifically to address your needs for a maximum recovery.
– Referral slip from your medical doctor
– Your medical insurance card
– Your ID
– A copy of your medications list including dosages, if you have it
– If you are getting therapy as a result of a worker’s compensation claim or an automobile accident, you will also need to bring your claim information, including claim number.
Please arrive 15 minutes early on your first visit to fill out any necessary paperwork.
We recommend comfortable clothing such as sweatpants or shorts, a T-shirt or tank-top and sneakers.
Each visit will last 30 to 45 minutes on average. Times vary due to the treatment and exercises being performed.
In order for you to achieve the results you deserve, you will be given a treatment plan after your initial evaluation. It is important for your recovery that you attend every appointment outlined by your physical therapist and prescribed by your physician. You may start to feel better after only a few visits, but can relapse if you do not complete your entire course of therapy.